It's anyone's guess as to whether or not Tool's long-awaited new album will be out this year, but at least you'll have a shot at seeing them live. The band will be embarking on a summer North American Tour starting in May.
The tour surrounds previously announced festival appearances at New York's Governor's Ball and Boston's Boston Calling, with shows more or less limited to the northeast. The band teased these new tour dates on social media over the last week, telling fans to keep checking back for the dates.
The dates are as follows:
- May 24, 2017: Fairfax, Virginia (Eaglebank Arena)
- May 27, 2017: Bangor, Maine (Darling's Waterfront Pavilion)
- May 28, 2017: Boston, Massachusetts (Boston Calling)
- May 30, 2017: Rochester, New York (Blue Cross Arena)
- May 31, 2017: Hamilton, Ontario (First Ontario Center)
- June 2, 2017: Montréal, Québec (Bell Center)
- June 4, 2017: New York City, New York (Governor's Ball)
- June 5, 2017: Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania (Petersen Events Center)
- June 7, 2017: Clarkston, Michigan (DTE Energy Music Theater)
- June 8, 2017: Rosemont, Illinois (AllState Arena)
All dates go on-sale at 10:00am local time on Friday, March 17, barring festivals and the Rosemont, Illinois show, which goes on-sale at 11:00am central time.
Tool's new album may be coming sooner than we expect - James Maynard Keenan reportedly entered the studio to begin recording vocals for the band's new music. We'll keep you updated on the new music. Let us know on Twitter or Facebook if you're seeing Tool live this year!