Metallica made the metal world turn upside down late last year when they released their huge double album Hardwired... To Self-Destruct. The band have been touring the record extensively around the world, including stops in South America and Asia, and are ready to bring it to North America.
This summer, Metallica will be bringing their WorldWired Tour to the United States and Canada with Avenged Sevenfold and Volbeat opening for them. This is Metallica's first tour of the United States and Canada since 2009 on the Death Magnetic tour. The band have played in the States sporadically over the last eight years, but not a tour of this caliber.
The dates for the tour are as follows:
- May 10, 2017: Baltimore, Maryland (M&T Bank)
- May 12, 2017: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania (Lincoln Financial Field)
- May 14, 2017: East Rutherford, New Jersey (MetLife Stadium)
- May 17, 2017: Uniondale, New York (Nassau Veterans Memorial Coliseum) *
- May 19, 2017: Foxborough, Massachusetts (Gillette Stadium) *
- May 21, 2017: Columbus, Ohio (Rock On The Range)
- June 4, 2017: St. Louis, Missouri (Busch Stadium) *
- June 7, 2017: Denver, Colorado (Sports Authority Field @ Mile High)
- June 11, 2017: Houston, Texas (NRG Stadium)
- June 14, 2017: San Antonio, Texas (Alamodome) #
- June 16, 2017: Dallas, Texas (AT&T Stadium) #
- June 18, 2017: Chicago, Illinois (Soldier Field) #
- July 5, 2017: Orlando, Florida (Camping World Stadium)
- July 7, 2017: Miami, Florida (Hard Rock Stadium)
- July 9, 2017: Atlanta, Georgia (SunTrust Park)
- July 12, 2017: Detroit, Michigan (Comerica Park)
- July 14, 2017: Québec, Québec (Festival d'été de Québec)
- July 16, 2017: Toronto, Ontario (Rogers Centre)
- July 19, 2017: Montréal, Québec (Parc Jean-Drapeau)
- July 29, 2017: Los Angeles, California (Rose Bowl) #
- August 4, 2017: Phoenix, Arizona (University Of Phoenix Stadium) #
- August 6, 2017: San Diego, California (Petco Park) #
- August 9, 2017: Seattle, Washington (CenturyLink Field) #
- August 14, 2017: Vancouver, British Columbia (BC Place) #
- August 16, 2017: Edmonton, Alberta (Commonwealth Stadium) #
* - Avenged Sevenfold will not perform on these dates.
# - Volbeat will not perform on these dates.
Metallica's first major tour in the United States and Canada in eight years is coming to a city near you, so make sure you don't miss out on it. In addition to Metallica's Hardwired... To Self-Destruct, Avenged Sevenfold released The Stage in 2016, and Volbeat released Seal The Deal & Let's Boogie.