After a year off the stage to take a break from the limelight, it seems that alternative rockers Foo Fighters are back in action!
The band held a private fundraiser open to very limited individuals (presumably some very generous donors) at an unknown venue in Los Angeles, California on October 15, with several special guests and a plethora of covers (including The Police, David Bowie, and Sex Pistols).
The band has been on indefinite hiatus since the end of 2015's Sonic Highways tour. Producer Butch Vig said in an interview that Dave Grohl had told him "I am toast - I need to go home and stop and just recuperate, I need to go dark for a while." Speaking to KROQ, guitarist Chris Shiflett added: "We were on the road for at least a year or so for [Wasting Light], but then we were also traveling when we made [Sonic Highways], so that kind of felt like we were on the road [for another] year and a half or so." It seems the band are ready to get back at it, or are at least getting the juices flowing.
The band's setlist was as follows:
- Learn To Fly
- My Hero
- Stay (I Missed You) (Lisa Loeb cover) (w/ Lisa Loeb)
- Moonage Daydream (David Bowie cover) (w/ Lisa Loeb)
- Times Like These
- Bodies (Sex Pistols cover) (w/ Steve Jones)
- Silly Thing (Sex Pistols cover) (w/ Steve Jones)
- Stay With Me (Faces cover) (w/ Steve Jones)
- All My Life
- Excesses (Klark Kent cover) (w/ Stewart Copeland)
- Message In A Bottle (The Police cover) (w/ Stewart Copeland)
- Monkey Wrench
- I Can't Drive 55 (Sammy Hagar cover) (w/ Sammy Hagar)
- Finish What Ya Started (Van Halen cover) (w/ Sammy Hagar)
- Rock and Roll (Led Zeppelin cover) (w/ Sammy Hagar)
- Miss You (The Rolling Stones cover) (w/ Jeff Probst)
- Been Caught Stealing (Jane's Addiction cover) (w/ Perry Farrell)
- Time Is On My Side (Kai Winding & His Orchestra cover) (w/ Perry Farrell)
- Had A Dad (Jane's Addiction cover) (w/ Perry Farrell)
- Best Of You
- Detroit Rock City (KISS cover) (w/ Paul Stanley)
- Do You Love Me (KISS cover) (w/ Paul Stanley)
- I Was Made For Lovin' You (KISS cover) (w/ Paul Stanley)
- Whole Lotta Love / Rock and Roll (Led Zeppelin cover) (w/ Paul Stanley)
Are the Foos back? What do you think? It's been a long while since Sonic Highways - hopefully this is a sign of things to come!